On June 2nd, the National Sculpture Society hosted our Honors and Awards Luncheon. The event took place at The Century Association.
We were delighted to have in attendance several of our award members including:
- Richard Blake – Medal of Honor
- Lee Hutt – Sisko Memorial Medal
- Ed Dwight – Lifetime Achievement Certificate
- Gary Weisman – Sculpture House Annual Award
- Sherwin Banfield – Augusta Savage Grant
- Warren King – Alex J. Ettl Grant
- Evan Morse – Dexter Jones Award
- Dave LaMure, Jr. – Stanley Bleifeld Memorial Grant
For the Henry Hering Art and Architecture Award, Liam O’Connor and Group Captain Jarrod Pendlebury attended. O’Connor was the architect for the winning site, the Royal Air Force Bomber Command Memorial. Pendlebury represented sculptor Colin Dudley, DFC. Dudley, who flew as navigator on Halifaxes in 39 operational sorties, sculpted a wreath for the memorial. It was very moving to hear what the Memorial and Dudley’s contribution to it means to the veterans and current members of the Air Force.
Cristina Cordova, the recipient of the Herbert Adams Memorial Award, and Fan Yu, the Marilyn Newmark Memorial Grant winner, could not attend. Cordova was teaching a workshop in Puerto Rico and Fan Yu was competing in a dog show, as his fox wire terrier (an inspiration for his sculpture) is nationally ranked.